Not deleting the past; decisions for the future; moving forward

I thought about deleting all the old posts I have on here,  and "starting fresh"... but that's not really a fresh start is it?  Sure, the past wouldn't be here, for anyone to see if they are looking, but it's still with me, still haunting me, so best to make peace with it and let it lay in the past.

So here I am, 3.5 years after my last post and approx 30 lbs heavier.

I made a decision last week, to have bariatric surgery.  I've decided to do it in the past, 15 years ago, but I switched insurance companies and it was no longer covered.  I thought that was the end of the bariatric road.  Someone recently suggested that I do it - I told them the insurance thing - and they suggested something that no one had mentioned before, and it never occurred to me.  Pay for it myself.

So I am.  I'm going to do it.

I have an appointment in a month.  It was the earliest available.  Hoping to be able to schedule it for late May/early June.  I'll still have my Hawaii cruise at this weight, and the long plane ride, but it's better than never having it, and I can't cancel the vacation for it, there's too many moving parts, like nonrefundable airfare - and my sanity.

It was actually a simple decision to make, simpler when we realized that we had a way to pay for it - thank goodness my husband realized it.

New chapter to this journey had begun.  Can't wait to see where it takes me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joined Weight Watchers Today

Walking and more walking.

Food AA & The Fresh 20