Setbacks, or learning experiences?

I gained 3.2 lbs.  I'm retaining water and I had pasta with a thick vodka cream sauce and garlic rolls a few times this week.  I also have not been drinking the water that I have been the past few weeks.  While all these things have lead to a gain, I've decided that it's not a setback.  It's a learning experience.

What did I learn?

Vodka cream sauce pasta doesn't taste as good at the last bite, for the third meal, that it did at the first bite of the first meal.  Moderation.  If I want it, have it, but have it once, and maybe not a full plate of it. 

The first garlic roll tastes better than the third.  Eat one, and move on.

I need to drink water. Especially when I'm busy at work and the time is flying.  If I need to set an alarm, that's what I need to do. Most importantly, if i reach for my water, and it's gone, don't put off refilling it.  That's my biggest fault.

I like sweets - so I need to do something to not crave them.  Last week protein pudding worked but I did not make it this week.  I need to keep what works on hand, so I don't reach for things that derail me - like dove promises.

Goals for this week:

  1. Drink more water - at least 80oz throughout the day
  2. Log all meals/snacks
  3. Make a meal plan for next week
  4. Go shopping to prepare for meal plan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Joined Weight Watchers Today

Walking and more walking.

Food AA & The Fresh 20